Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 8

I did great today and tried something new; sweet potato chips.  I wouldn't want to eat them every day but they were really good and I'd definately have them for a treat on our junkfood fridays.  I think they taste better than regular potato chips and I think they are a bit better for a body, being sweet potatoes.  Today, I also bought some chocolate Rice Dream ice cream. I'll try it tomorrow. Andrew tried it and didn't like it so I am apprehensive about eating it but I WILL try it for sure.

I made a spinach lasagna for supper tonight.  I used leftover spaghetti sauce with zucchini added and mixed in some pureed navy beans.  That stretches the sauce and gives me some protein with the meal.  I used a combination of soy cheddar cheese and rice mozzarella cheese.  So good! The cheese melted nicely and tasted terrific!  I did not want for the regular lasagna that I made for the boys at all!

I had two chocolate zucchini muffins for breakfast....was a nice change from oatmeal but certainly not a daily thing.  For a bedtime snack, I ate half a cantelope.  My favorite fruit!  It's been 2hrs since I ate and I do not feel hungry at all.

It's amazing what kind of options are available to vegans.  I really don't think one could want for anything on this plan, there are so many products!  Earth Balance makes a butter substitute that is delicious on toast and they also make a shortening substitute.  In fact, I am planning on using the shortening in a tea biscuit recipe tomorrow night for supper.

I am feeling good. No headache today and energy all day long.  In fact, I had so much energy I didn't really know what to do with myself.  Tomorrow, I plan on starting an exercise program.  I have some shows to catch up with on the DVR and a mini trampoline dying for me to jump on.  If the wind dies down enough, I'll take the dogs for a walk.  Right now, they are happy chasing the ball in the back yard for exercise.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I plan to finish my menu for the next two weeks and get it posted. Then, I do a bit of baking and prep work for meals.  All this and exercise, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment