Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 3

It was a very busy 3rd day so I didn't get to blogging.  I went to bed a bit early, too.  Yesterday I felt good and didn't even think of having a nap in the afternoon. No afternoon slump!  It's not like I was sluggish and just wasn't tired enough for a nap, I was up and vibrant and ready to conquer the world!  It was very nice to feel that way as I have been doing nothing but complaining about being tired all the time.  I felt like I was going to be tired for the rest of my life and it was depressing.

Eating was good yesterday, too.  I had oatmeal and raisins for breakfast--talk about spoiled!  I love oatmeal...have since I was a kid.  My mom used to make it real creamy so we didn't need milk; just put some sugar on it and eat.  Now, I make it just as creamy and add some Agave Nectar and raisins and I am all set.  YUMMY! 

For lunch, I made crostini.  Whole wheat baguette slices with sun dried tomatoes, red peppers and garlic.  Oh it was good! Better than I thought it would be, in fact.  I am not a fan of peppers but sauteeing them with the garlic really helped bring out their sweet flavour. 

I didn't bother having a snack as I made supper early.  We had spaghetti.  I mixed whole wheat noodles in with Smart Taste noodles and nobody could tell.  There was a ton of fiber and it tasted great.  I put meat in the sauce for the boys and left some out for me.  I also added shredded zuchinni which they didn't notice, either.  I am so sneaky.  I had a slice of whole wheat bread with my meal to sop up the sauce and I was full for hours.

I make it a point now to stop eating 3hrs before bedtime.  Last night was difficult because I wasn't hungry at 7:30.  I made a small bowl of oatmeal and ate that since I knew if I didn't eat, I would be starving by bedtime and that would mean trouble.

I stepped on the scale yesterday morning.  I knew I shouldn't have...I wanted to wait a week to weigh myself but it was on the floor, staring at me.  I actually lost 3lbs in 3 days!  Now I know some of you are saying, "Oh it's just water weight." I don't care.  Weight is weight and I am not dehydrated in the least. In fact, I am drinking alot more water and peeing like a race horse (Not that you really needed to know that).

Day 4 looks promising.  I am looking forward to feeling good all day and getting some errands done without thinking that I should take a nap first.  I'll keep y'all updated :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment