Monday, March 29, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

I made these today and they are good!  They'll make a great, high fiber snack or quick breakfast.

1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup dry sugar substitute of your choice
1 whole, mashed banana
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup non-dairy milk (soy or rice milk works fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Set oven to 350*F

Grease muffin tin or use muffin liners.
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl.
Add wet to dry, mix well and pour batter into muffin tin.

Bake 18-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.  I found that 18 minutes was perfect in my oven.

Notes: 
- 1/4 cup measuring cup is perfect amount to pour batter into muffin tin.
-I like my muffins a bit moist so I added a couple of splashes more of soy milk and increased applesauce to 2/3 cup.
-muffins store nicely in fridge or freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment