Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 2

Today wasn't too different from other days. I woke up with a headache and it got worse as the day went on.  I gave in this afternoon and took some medicine and felt better almost immediately.  I know that I could have suffered through it as it wasn't a migraine but it hurt and I was stuck on the couch doing nothing. 

Because of the headache, I missed some prep time for my supper.  That was okay though because I had frozen 'chicken' in the freezer and whole wheat taco shells in the fridge.  I grabbed some avocado, salsa and soy cheese and made a couple of fajita's.  It took me all of 10 minutes to make.  Gotta love convenience!  The boys had hamburgers, which I had prepared ahead of time so it was easy to cook them up.

I find midday to be the most difficult for me.  I know it's only been 2 days but it's been like this for some time now where I feel hungry at lunch and then again an hour later, no matter what I eat.  These past 2 days have been no different. The way I have eaten has changed, however.  Instead of indulging in carbs and sugary crap, I made my lunch bigger by adding a salad with some grated soy parmesan.  I was satisfied longer and didn't need a snack for at least 2 1/2 hours.  Then, I had a fruit salad with peaches, pears and a medium banana.  I wasn't hungry until suppertime around 6. 

That's progress.

Tonight, I had a small bowl of oatmeal with raisins and again, I won't be eating anything else until tomorrow morning.  I don't feel that I have to eat but I will drink water if I am thirsty.  Tonight, it's just water. Last night it was peppermint tea.  Tomorrow night...who knows.  All I know is that I will be satisfied with whatever I choose.  That makes me a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment