Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 1

It's noon and I am tired.  I got enough sleep but I am dragging my sorry behind today.  I woke up this morning with an overwhelming craving for sugar.  I stopped at 7-11 to get some cash for my son, Cayden (pizza day today), and then walked out.  I passed the soda, passed the donuts, passed the coffee machine and it was HARD!  Funny though; once I got back into the car, I was fine.  It was just one hurdle I had to get over and I did. 

I got home from driving Cayden to school and made some oatmeal with some Agave Nectar.  I actually made too much and that was a satisfying feeling.  After breakfast, I cleaned up the kitchen and relaxed on the couch to watch TV for a bit.  As I said, I am tired today and that's all I felt like doing this morning.

Lunch was easy and I had been thinking about it since last night.  I mixed up some avocado, tomato, cilantro and garlic for a dip.  I then cut up 1 whole wheat pita pocket, sliced it into 8 pieces and toasted them lightly.  Oh it was good!  After lunch, I had a cup of decaf coffee with a little soy milk.  To my dismay, the vanilla soy had sugar (evaporated cane juice) in the ingredients so it almost blew my plan for the coffee.  Fortunately, I was thinking and put a drop of vanilla extract and plain, unsweetened soy milk in my coffee.  Yummy!

Burgers on the menu tonight.  I'll have my veggie option and I'll make the regular burgers for my family.  I began adding sweet potatoes to their burgers a few months ago and the boys absolutely love them.  Cayden said it was the best burger he'd ever tasted.  Whatever makes them eat, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment