Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Heading Into Week Three

Wow!  2 weeks on this plan already.  My blood sugar is down, my blood pressure is down, I'm sleeping great and have tons of energy during the day.  I haven't gained any weight but haven't lost any this past week.  That tells me that I need to eat more veggies.  I'm a little carb-heavy the past few days and have not really eaten a whole lot of veg.  That is going to change. 

Since I have so much energy these days, I have begun spring cleaning in the house.  I am also exercising regularly for at least 45 minutes a day. I mowed the back yard today...it's 3/4 of an acre back there and our riding lawn mower died so I used the push mower.  I did it all without feeling like I was going to die. There were days before this eating plan that I would never have mowed the lawn in one afternoon.  I'd also wake up every morning stiff and sore.  Even walking would hurt my feet.  Not anymore!  I just feel better all over. Inside and out. 

There have been a couple of things that I've had to get used to.  The first being that I stop eating 3hrs before bedtime.   I am full from a snack but there is still part of me that clings to the habit of eating every night.  I often think about food and wonder if I am really hungry or is it just my mind playing games.  Having a glass of water usually helps, though it does wake me up to pee later on.

The second is that I am learning some things take longer to cook than others. like brown rice.  It keeps in the fridge so I make extra for the week if there is more than one meal calling for rice.  I do the same for pasta so I can have leftovers for lunch the next day.

I am going to take a day sometime this week and do some baking.  I'd like to make some more muffins and biscuits.  They freeze well so I'll make enough for a couple of weeks.  I have a big freezer, so why not use it?

My goal for the week is to add more veg to my meals and see if that makes a dent in the scale.  I do remind myself that I am doing this for my health, it's working and the weight will come off.  It didn't get on my hips in a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment